- What is Shopify?
- What to sell on Shopify?
- Shopify Pricing
- Getting started on Shopify
Choose apps for additional functionality
Shopify facilitates additional features to be added to your store with the help of Shopify apps. As of today there more than 2600 free and paid Shopify apps that a store owner can use. Their apps are categorized as per the functions like accounting, finance, marketing, customer support, and many more. This new technology trend will help you to service and run in the fastest growing e-commerce industry.
Here are a few apps that you should consider while operating store on Shopify:
- Tidio Live Chat: Customers feel reliable if you are there to help them before and after the purchase. With live chat features, customer support can be taken to the next level. Tidio Live Chat comes with features like automated message reply, mobile support, and multi-language support which will increase conversion rate.
- Wishlist Plus: This app is great to help in knowing what products customers are interested in. It allows customers to have a smart wishlist without even logging in which can help you to estimate near future sales.
- Easyship: If you are selling physical products Easyship is one of the most efficient apps you will come across. You are familiar with the frustrating cost calculations, tax, and shipping costs. It also will assist with international taxations and fees calculations. This will help you to calculate your true profit.
- Pre-Order Now: This is an excellent solution for those sellers who sell frequently fast-moving goods. It allows you to order goods even when they are out of stock saving thousands of outgoing traffic.
- Yotpo Review: In a digital platform, in addition to a good product image, customer review also plays an important role in selling the products. Yptpo review sends emails to the clients for product reviews and in turn, displays the reviews on your Shopify store.
It also provides you with an additional facility to display product ratings on Google search and drive traffic from Facebook and Twitter to your Shopify store.
These were some of the useful apps among other numerous apps available on the Shopify app store. Get an overview of the apps here on https://apps.shopify.com/
Optimise your Shopify Store
Once you are done with adding products to sell and choosing the best theme for you, it’s time to optimize your store with the help of the theme editor.
This is the final step in your set-up procedure. For marketing and optimization, you can
- Advertise on social media. Facebook and Instagram are the two most populated social media in the world. If you are sincere and your intentions are growing your online business then Facebook and IGTV ads can increase your buying customers.
You can integrate sales into your social strategy by promoting different types of Facebook ads. Shopify offers dozens of Facebook integrations that allow you to turn your Facebook page into an extension of your e-commerce business, helping fans discover your products and ultimately buy from you.
On the other hand working with affiliates, partnering with Influencers, and hosting giveaways are some of the methods to drive hot leads to your business.
- Email marketing can play a major role in sales promotion. You just need to collect email on your website by placing an email subscription form and send follow up emails to convert them to paying customers.
At this point, you are ready to make your account public. Before you make your store available to the public you must make sure that everything is smoothly functioning. You don’t want your customers to be the first one to find the glitches in your store.
For this, you have to do a lot of testing. Repeat the actual procedure and include all the steps of ordering, checkout, inventory, shipping, tax, and payments. You can start your testing once you switch on the testing mode for your Shopify admin.
Some points you must consider to grow your business
Reduce customer anxiety: Shopping sites are already in the eyes of the customers. To fairly conduct your operation and retain your customers for a long time you must reduce the anxiety factors to the lowest level.
Creating confusion clicks not leading to appropriate pages and clicking the same thing more than one time for the redirection will increase the anxiety. For a solution, you have to go through the process from the beginning till the end by yourself and apply all the permutation and combinations to locate the possible failure.
Customer deviation: To be frank Shopify stores have too many diversions. There are bright buttons, images, other products, pop-ups, and links that will create a distraction to the customer for diversion.
You must focus on creating a strong call to action (CTA) button to redesign your site experience and lead customers directly into your product.
Don’t complicate things
Imagine your anxiety level when you don’t find the thing you are searching for at your home. Similarly, your customer may find it very annoying if they aren’t able to find the product they are searching for.
There is a simple solution to this. Make a collection of similar products so that the customers find it easy were to search their products. For this simply click collections under Products option and place the similar items under one category from the product setup page.
Offer attractive discounts whenever possible.
You have to make every offer as compelling as possible. You don’t have to cut your profit margin or incur a loss to offer a discount to your customers. You can do the existing thing in a persuasive way. You can offer discounts in relative figures instead of a percentage of the sales price.
If your sales price is $100 and you are giving the product at an offer price of $90. Instead of displaying a 10% discount, you can offer a flat $10 discount. It is easier to offer discounts on Shopify. In the left hand, sidebar, click the Create Discount button to go to the discount option pages.
Voila! You just completed the most comprehensive guide for starting your Shopify store. Selling online at this point is just the beginning of your journey. If you are ready to take things to the next level and you need any help, we are here at every step you take.